Thursday, December 20, 2007

A simple request...

I want to buy a mobile computing device! Hear me oh great makers of
iPhones, O2s, Palms, Blackberries, Nokias... I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY
CASH. But first of all you have to make a really complete mobile
device. It doesn't exist yet. I think the first manufacturer to do so
will make a bundle (if they are not too greedy with locked plans). The
iPhone is oh-so-close, but it's flawed in a minor and major way. The
minor way is no 3G or GPS. The major way is that it is locked in most
countries, and prohibitively expensive in the others. I don't want to
play around with Jailbreak's that may or may not survive future
updates.

So here is the wish list:
o Unlocked phone
o 3G/Wi-fi/802.11/Bluetooth connectivity
o Decent audio/video capabilities
o At least 8 GB solid state memory, preferably upgradeable without
buying a different model
o Inbuilt GPS receiver, I can pay extra for the navigation software
o Sexy iPhone like interface
o Open platform for applications
o Proper web browser and email functionality
o Battery lasts two full days on standby, one day with heavy use.
o Camera... I don't care.
o Under $1000 USD, unlocked, before network costs, including all taxes.

At the rate the major providers are going, Google's Android platform
is going to be on the first devices with these specs.

2 comments:

Neuraljazz said...

I've been returning back to this post for a while and we have no comments and still no answer.

I want this as well. What the hell do we have to do to get a decent phone companion?

Unknown said...

I'd say by now the iPhone does this, and the android most certainly doesn't. It's still clunky and rubbish, the G1 that is.